1. For decades, parents have relied on the soothing motion of rocking chairs and nursery gliders to lull their babes to sleep. The simple push of a toe can create an instantly relaxed mood in parents and children alike.
2. If you choose a rocking chair chair for your nursery instead of a padded nursery glider, we recommend adding a cushion or buying one with a cushion. You could have some long rocking sessions ahead of you. It's best to be comfortable.
3. A nursery glider or rocker glider is similar to a rocking chair but generally features a smoother, more fluid front-to-back sliding motion rather than angled front-to-back rocking.
4. Many find a nursery glider easier to set in motion than a nursery rocker and prefer the smoother, floating-on-air sensation achieved by the glider.
5. A matching gliding ottoman is an ideal accessory to your nursery glider. With the help of a glider ottoman, your whole body will be flowing in smooth motion.
6. One thing to look for in a glider rocker is heavy-duty ball bearings that ensure durability and smooth, gliding motions for years to come.
7. Many nursery glider users love their relaxing effect so much that they end up using them in their living rooms or dens after the nursery. New cushions or upholstery are an easy way to update any nursery glider for the transition.
8. Indoor upholstered gliders should be vacuumed to remove dust and surface debris. Use mild detergents or stain removers for stains unless otherwise directed by the manufacturer.
9. Indoor wood or wicker rocking chairs or nursery gliders can be cleaned with any mild cleaning/polishing spray or solution unless otherwise directed by the manufacturer.
10. Don't settle for just any nursery glider at your local retailer. Browse our wide selection of quality nursery gliders designed to comfort your family and enhance your decor.